June 4, 2012

Blogville Pitty Post Day

I found this on Oh, Corbin's blog and would love to participate. Rosy has a pit bull friend next door. He has a wonderful blue coat with white on his chest, and he is absolutely one of the sweetest dogs I have met. As well as him, I've met numerous pit bulls. They're probably one of the most common dogs on the East Coast. They have been complete sweethearts. Each dog can be different, sure, but all breeds have a few, if not many, individuals that are aggressive. I haven't met a dog breed that doesn't have tons of Einsteins and polite dogs, or one that doesn't have an individual that is aggressive.
I grew up where I currently live. I've never owned a pit bull, but lots of my friends did, and so did my neighbors. They aren't illegal. I honestly believe there are more pit bulls than labs. Most (if not all) the pits I have met are kind, gentle, and sweet. Many of the other dogs with bad reps--Rottweilers and Dobermanns, for example--are just as abundant. My best friend in grade school had a Dobermann, as a baby. Another one of my friends owned a pit at two. And, I'm not going to lie, I used to believe these reputations. But once you meet a few dogs, "breedist" stereotypes start to fade.
And what's worse is how many animals end up in shelters, pit bulls and pit bull mixes having the top spot for dogs that end up in shelters. Many people can see through the rough past and find a loving pet, but some people do not think pits are good pets.
Happy Blogville Pitty Post Day!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post for Corbin!

    I have given you the Sunshine Award, you can pick it up here: http://oskarsblog.com/?p=668

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope the Pitty Post Day was a wonderful time. Especially, to meet all the pitties around the world to meet each other. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful rest of your day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! Thanks for viewing my blog!