June 14, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

And a lot of them concerning agility. And great news with Rosy and Shorty: they're practically best friends! They get along very nicely and Shorty is always following Rosy.
Anyway, I have a lot of decisions to make. Should I buy my own equipment? Should I take a class? Private or public? What about rally? Competition obedience? Am I fit for dog agility? Should I get Shorty a CGC?
Well, luckily, I don't have to decide fully for another year. As far as I'm concerned, I am going to take a class, but also buy some jumps and tunnels, probably some weave poles too. And I am interested in other dogs sports. But agility is on my list above any others. I don't think my schedule an accommodate for four dog sports, and I honestly don't think it's good for Shorty, either, especially because a lot of them are for bigger dogs. And, also, I'm thinking about training Rosy for competition obedience. Never agility or anything to do with jumping for Rosy, so she won't hurt her back. But Rosy would need extra training, because not all her skills are on spot.
Shorty recently learned sit and come. She's learning down right now and it's tons of fun training her. She already knows sit, come, and stay, as well as her name. She can be trained with toys, which is great. There are accidents about every other day, but she's mostly housebroken.
And the girls got new toys, and I changed Rosy's food to Fromm Gold, which is the same brand as Shorty's (our breeder recommended it). If I had a dime every time I spoiled those girls, I'd be a millionaire.
And Shorty gets her next round of shots next Wednesday. I cross my fingers at the vet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! Thanks for viewing my blog!